Another babe is on its way! – Personal post
That’s right. Our family of three is turning into a family of four this August!
We found out this exciting news in early December, just in time for me to figure out a fun way to share the news with our families who we hosted at our house on Christmas Day. It was super special to reveal this news to them on the best day of the year!
Just last week, I had the joy of hearing our new baby’s heartbeat for the first time. I’ll never get over what a miracle new life is.
Even though Christina Leskovar Photography has been busy since the new year (with two bridal shows, new business launches, new client consults and more…) preggo life has been quietly happening behind the scenes… ;-)
PREGNANCY SO FAR…
- So, I’m currently 13 weeks pregnant – almost to my 2nd trimester… YES.
- I’m very thankful that (as with my pregnancy with Luke), I haven’t experienced any morning sickness. That’s a huge blessing!!
- The first 1-2 months of my first trimester I felt heavy & quick spouts of tiredness so I got used to taking naps when Luke did (brought me back to the times when he was a newborn)! Luckily, I’m feeling a little more energetic now, but I look forward to that awesome soon-to-come 2nd trimester burst of energy.
- CRAVINGS…. man oh man. The need to EAT has been NO JOKE, ‘yall. My appetite increased within a short week of finding out I was preggo, and when hunger strikes… watch out. I can eat (and will eat) pretty much anything, but top of my cravings list is usually: PIZZA, PASTA, CEREAL, CHOCOLATE MILK, FAST FOOD…. oh, and believe it or not, sometimes I do crave something HEALTHY. A good FAT SALAD plate, or fresh sandwich.
- Anything can trigger a craving… seeing photos people post online… commercials… you name it. #makeitstop!
- My #1 go-to drink throughout my pregnancy has been Young Living’s NingXia Red + water. Since I haven’t been able to drink much caffeine, NingXia Red had been a HEALTHY & safe alternative to feed my body the nutrients it (& baby) needs, whilst giving me much needed boosts of energy throughout the day (a HUGE PLUS when preggo).
MATERNITY LEAVE PLANS…
I’m so excited about the weddings I already have on the calendar for 2018! Since this baby is coming in August, I’ve decided to take the months of August + September OFF. I’ll need that time to rest + have baby + recover!
I’ll be back to work in early October for my already scheduled weddings, and July brides… I’m all there! I might be huge for your wedding, but no less devoted to your big day! :-)
It’s going to be a big year. I’m thankful for this new, special blessing. I love being a momma & I also love serving my clients & being a part of creating their now + forever memories.
2018 BRIDES + PORTRAIT clients:
I’m still taking a few weddings & portrait sessions this year!
I have some availability left in April, May, June, July, November & December. If you’re interested in booking your wedding or a session with me, please don’t wait to let me know! You can reach out to me [here].
SPRING MINI SESSIONS
It may be Winter, but it’s never too early to think about getting some beautiful, updated family photos during the Springtime! This year, I’m opening up booking EARLY since my mini sessions in the Spring blossoms were such a hit last year.
These sessions will take place between April 21 – May 6, when it’s prime blossoming time for the fruit trees. Sessions will be held in Rockford, Michigan.
See all the details & booking link below!
• 30 minutes of fun family time
•  gift prints — 4 x 6 to 11 x 14 sizes
•  16 x 20 mounted wall print
• all digital [watermarked] online sharing images
• 10% off a la carte
— total value of over $600 —
If you’ve never hired me for a full family session before, then this is the perfect opportunity for us to get to know each other, make some fun family memories & add some pretty photos to your home! I only offer special MINI SESSION deals like this once or twice a year. If you are looking to add some new wall portraits to showcase in your family’s home, then these sessions are the perfect choice!
To reserve a 30 minute time slot between April 21 – May 6, please send me an email indicating your preferred date preference, and I’ll save your spot! :)
Best times of the day for optimal, even photography lighting is between the hours of 5-8pm.
First looks – Why I love them
If you’re wondering what a first look is I’d love to explain it! A first look is set-apart time [usually 1-2 hours before your wedding ceremony] for you & your fiancé to see each other in all your dressed-up wedding day glory. I love being a part of this moment quietly in the background. Nothing compares to capturing the sweet reaction on a groom’s face, and the joy on a bride’s face as they approach each other. Every couple reacts differently – this is what makes it so fun & special. Sometimes there are happy tears, other times pure excitement, & almost always…double-takes!
Each couple has to choose for themselves if this is something they’d like to do, but as someone who didn’t do it 7 years ago for my own wedding, I can tell you that I honestly wish I had! I missed out on that more intimate moment & the super special photos that could have resulted between just US – no people or other distractions in the background. Oftentimes, it’s these very moments during a first look that make for the best photos of a wedding day! The type of photos you’ll want to print & frame for your walls.
That’s just my take on first looks & my experience witnessing them with my couples. Regardless of what you choose, I always make sure to capture the groom’s reaction and the bride walking down the aisle towards her love. :) I will always make it a top priority for bride & groom portraits at some point during a wedding day, because the day is about you both & your love for each other!
As 2017 draws to a close, I can’t help but think back to all the highlights this year has brought. The new people I had the privilege of meeting, who welcomed me into so many special seasons in their lives – engagements, wedding days, their journey into mother/parenthood, and sweet new family additions. I’m so thankful for this work that I do & am so blessed by the couples and families that entrusted me this year to document such important moments and occasions. So if you are one of the people I’ve worked with this year…. THANK YOU. Your support for my business and your desire to see your memories live on forever in printed, tangible heirloom form fills me with joy! Being a full service photographer is and always will be fulfilling to me because I know the importance & satisfaction of having memories on display, to enjoy in the here and now and to be able to share with future generations to come.
Each year is filled with it’s own kind of special. 2017 was pretty amazing, but I already look forward with great excitement & expectation to all that 2018 has in store!
Here are just a few things I have lined up for the New Year…
- January 1st – the reveal of my new business videos (I can’t wait to share these with you!!! – visit my website homepage on Jan. 1 for those special clips). In these videos I will share more about my business + my love for this job!
- GR Bridal Show at the DeVos Place on January 5-6 + The Wedding Affair on January 12 — 2018/2019 brides: plan to come see me one or both shows. Trust me when I say you won’t want to miss it!
- I’m officially LAUNCHING my new Photography Mentoring Sessions. I can’t wait to help, advise and provide learning tools to new or current photographers through my over 13 years of knowledge & practice in this wonderful art!
- I’m SO so SO excited for already scheduled 2018 weddings!! If you’re a 2018 bride don’t wait long to reach out to me. I take a very limited amount of wedding sessions each year. Let’s schedule a tea/coffee date & talk about all your photo dreams.
- It’s Winter but I’m already looking forward to SPRING. I will be begin booking dates for my April/May mini sessions EARLY this year & 2017 clients will get first dibs! Stay tuned for more news about this annual, limited-time event.
- Also stay tuned for some fun new feature announcements in the New Year! Each year I make it a goal of mine to participate in at least one stylized shoot, and to have my work published online. I’m happy to say, that goal has been met and exceeded! For the most up-to-date news on that, follow me on my Instagram & Facebook.
And finally, here are some of my favorite photos from portrait sessions, weddings, brand story sessions & styled shoots this year…
Alina & John – 2 year anniversary
Melissa & Nate – 3 year anniversary
Elegant-Boho Styled Wedding
Whimsical Styled Wedding
The Alvarez family
The Estes family
The Gebben family
Allison & Aaron
The Rental Company
Jennae & Ben
Jessica & Jay
Jenna & Shane
Cassie & Kyle
Catrina & Rory
Jessica & David
Denise & Adam
Jessica & Jay
Jennae & Ben
Shalyn & Christian
Christina & Henry
Evelyn & JT
What an incredible year it was!!! So many beautiful couples & families… so many precious moments. I’d love to be a part of your 2018 New Year. If you would like to chat with me about my availability for your wedding, maternity, newborn or family session I would LOVE to meet and talk with you!
You can email me at: email@example.com
Blessings to you all & many wishes for a healthy & wonderful 2018!
Every year since we bought our home in Rockford in 2013, we’ve gone Christmas Tree hunting at Hart’s Tree Farm. This is Luke’s first year actually getting to walk around, and luckily for all of us the weather was AWESOME this weekend. Can’t beat 40-50 degree weather in December!
Luke had lots of fun getting to follow us around and see all the trees. He kept saying “farm” when he saw the red barn on the tree farm. :) He loooved doing the tracker ride on the hay bales to and from the inner parts of the farm. His face lit up with joy as soon as we began our bumpy ride.
More photos of our decorated tree coming soon. I love this time of year. It’s my favorite by far, and hunting for our family Christmas tree is one of our yearly family traditions.
What enjoyable family traditions do you and your family celebrate this time of year?